Sunday, 7 August 2016
Sunday, 24 July 2016
Sunday, 17 July 2016
Sunday, 5 June 2016
Sunday, 22 May 2016
Sunday, 15 May 2016
Sunday, 1 May 2016
Sunday, 20 March 2016
- Cook the broccoli and the beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Drain off and lay out onto a chopping board. Using a knife, or a mezzaluna, chop the veg until very small dice (don’t make it too mushy).
- Place in a bowl, and add in the breadcrumbs, the beaten egg, the cheese and the garlic.
- Pop the bowl into the fridge, for about 20 minutes to chill.
- Remove from fridge, and work the mixture into small rounds, flatten slightly.
- Lay on a tray lined with baking paper and bake in a 200 degree (180 degree fan forced) oven for 18 minutes, turning halfway through.
Sunday, 6 March 2016
- Turn oven on to 160 degrees (fan forced).
- In a food processor, blitz the flour, butter and sugar until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Tip mix into a bowl and add the milk. Bring together into a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on countertop for a minute or so.
- Roll out to approximately 30cm x 40cm
- Spread the dough with a blend of the tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Top with chopped chicken, sundried tomato pieces, chargrilled capsicum pieces, oregano and half of the grated cheese.
- Begin rolling up the dough from the long side. Once rolled up, with seam down, cut into one inch pieces, and place cut side up into greased cupcake holes in cupcake pan. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned to your liking.
The total cost for this batch of 12 scrolls was just over $6. Less if you kept it to less ingredients like just ham and pineapple. (Possibly a contender for Ms Frugal Ears $5 Friday challenge?) A great little recipe to keep on hand when the crowds arrive, or if a work morning tea is on the cards.