Sunday, 7 August 2016

What's In A Name?

Hubby and I took a break from our normal routine last Friday and enjoyed breakfast out. From the myriad of Canberran eateries to breakfast at, A Bite To Eat at the Chifley shops was our chosen destination. This is a gem of a space. Quirky, cosy, friendly and full of charm. The walls are adorned with posters, photos, poems, signs, creative craft pieces and literary snippets from customers. The light fittings are all different. The chairs don’t match, and the furniture looked right at home at Cusacks… from 1968.


Hubby chose a breakfast burger called the Vaquero. Full of braised bbq pork, gouda cheese, rocket, a fried egg and crispy onion rings. It was something different, and had a little heat to it. Lucky his thick caramel milkshake put out any lingering flames.


I on the other hand, had the Morty. A small clay dish jam packed with no less than three meatballs, a spicy roast tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, two perfectly poached eggs, crispy onion rings, and toast. Come hungry if you wish to tackle the Morty! I wondered about the name of the dish… why Morty? It stumped me all weekend, until I Googled ‘Morty’ and realised he was the name of the Camp Director of the 1979 movie, Meatballs. Could that be the connection? Morty >> Meatballs? I asked A Bite To Eat via their Facebook page and yep, I am right!!! The boss was waiting for someone to put the pieces together, and I did it! Whoot, go me!


A Bite To Eat is located at the Chifley Shops, Chifley Place.

Mon/Tue/Sat 8.00am to 4.00pm
Wed 8.00am to 9.30pm
Thu/Fri 8.00am to 10.00pm
Sun 8.30am to 8.00pm
Phone 6260 3703

5 comments:

  1. Well done with the Morty detective work! Sounds like a tasty dish, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elissa!! I've been on a meatball roll (haha) so to speak of late.

      Delete
  2. Haha I love that you made that connection with the Meatballs movie! That was one of my favourite movies growing up! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! I look forward to their next menu. I'll again put my detective hat on ;)

      Delete
  3. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังซอมบี้

    ReplyDelete